Monday, 20 June 2011
Paris - Day 1: Finally here
We arrived in Paris via Eurostar. I was so excited that I didn't even nap like the other passengers. What surprise me is the large amount of graffiti especially on the tunnel walls. People here dress quite casual although I am embarrassed to say we dress even more casual in the States. I saw lots of skinny jeans being worn. American tourists (not us) wore bell-bottom jeans and sneakers mostly. I got the chance to explore a small part of the neighborhood in the afternoon. I ate at a restaurant and it was quite pricey but delicious. This is true of Paris as I found throughout my stay. Later in the evening, we had cheese, wine, and bread at another cafe. We people-watched and satisfied my wine and cheese cravings. It was so good. We were in the middle of the tourist season so servers spoke English to us thus eliminating the language barrier. The hotel was quite nice and better than I expected for a 2-star rating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment